crockpot chuck roast
Smith Family Farm Recipe Collection
- 1 tablespoon Salt
- 3/4 tablespoon Pepper
- 1-2 tablespoon olive oil
- 2-3 lb chuck roast
- 1 can beef broth (low sodium if desired)
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire Sauce
- 3 cloves garlic crushed
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 onions quartered
- 10 baby carrots
- 1/2 stick butter
- 3 tablespoons flour
- Add salt & pepper to the chuck roast and brown the roast in a skillet with the olive oil. Place the chuck roast into the crock-pot and then add the beef broth, Worcestershire sauce, garlic, parsley, oregano, onion powder, quartered onions and carrots to the pot. Cook on high for 1 1/2 hours and low for an additional 4-5 hours.
- Take the roast and veggies out of the crock-pot and place them onto a cutting board. To keep warm, cover the roast and veggies with aluminum foil.
- To make the gravy first turn the crock-pot onto high. Then melt the butter into a bowl and slowly stir in the flower. Slowly add your flour/butter mixture into the crock-pot stirring while doing so. Cover and let the gravy sit for 5 minutes.
- To prepare your chuck roast cut or pull it apart into about 8 oz. portions. Plate your roast, veggies, top with gravy, and you are good to go!